Monday, May 11, 2015

Bocce Ball (8.5 hours)


It was not the best weather to be in. It was a little chilly and cloudy but the players didn't seem to mind. Before going to the olympics, we were taught that the players have been training for weeks and months and this is a legitimate thing and that we should respect it. I had a weird mentality, I did not know what to expect since I have never been exposed to a special olympics. When the games started, I got to be with such a fun group of people. We were enjoying and making sure everything is going smoothly. My job was to hold the flag and point to where the polina was. I thought it was the easiest thing but little did I know, it was actually such a great help to the players since some of the people can't see the polina. The time went by so fast and it was such a nice feeling seeing the players so happy and accomplished with their awards. I enjoyed how carefree other people were. They just wanted to enjoy the game and not compete as much. It was... very refreshing. The event ended around 3-4 on April 18, 2015. 

(my group)


No comments:

Post a Comment