Monday, May 11, 2015

Project Dance (4 hours)


It was my first project dance. This year's theme was Star Wars. It was on April 11, 2015 at 5:30-10:30. I was part of the group called "Blank Space" with my friends. The dance itself was super fun but the raising money isn't. This dance was for Lincolnshire's Riverside Foundation and Stevenson's Kids In Need (KIN) Fund. The Riverside Foundation is a residential facility that helps enrich the lives of adults with developmental disabilities allowing them to live more independently, participate in recreational activities, and learn new skills. The KIN Fund was established to help provide financial assistance for our own Stevenson High School students in need. In order to raise money, I posted a link of my website so if anyone wanted to donate, they had an access to it. My family relatives were the one's that helped me raised the amount. The thing that really amazed me is it wasn't a lot of effort in my part but it helped so much. I raised around $40 and that mattered. Over 100 kids did the same thing and we have raised above what was expected. Not only we enjoyed the dance but we also got to help foundations that needed it. It's a great thing because it is not much but it truly made a difference in their lives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment